Traditions Bank, serving South Central Pennsylvania and headquartered in York, PA, is looking to hire a full-time Accounting Supervisor. Can you maintain the integrity of a general ledger? Are financial reporting and regulatory filings something you deal with on a daily basis? Is supervising an accounting staff right up your alley? Would you like to have an impact on an institution that wants you to #MakeYourMark? Would you like to join an organization that values respect? If so, please read on.
This accounting position earns a market competitive wage, dependent upon experience. We also offer an abundant benefit program which includes health insurance (medical, dental, vision) on the 1st of the month after 30 days, a health savings account (HSA), 401(k) with company match and profit-sharing, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, Paid Time Off (PTO), and more! Traditions Bank also offers Volunteer Time Off (VTO) to support our associates who are active in their local communities.
Traditions Bank greatly values the people who take care of our clients. We strive to cultivate a positive work environment where our associates can have a meaningful impact on our customers, our communities, and each other. We believe every associate is capable of doing great things, which is why we challenge them to think beyond their job description, expand their skills, and grow careers they can be proud of. It is a priority to develop each associate who wants to develop their career.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR
- Supervises the department's Accountants and oversees their responsibilities.
- Identifies, distributes, and assigns responsibilities for the Accounting staff.
- Reconciles various general ledger accounts.
- Reviews and approves the reconcilements, reports, and work prepared by the Accountants.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Analyzes financial information for misstatements, fluctuations, and variances.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Provides support for maintaining organizational, product, and customer relationship profitability.
- Participates on committees and project teams, standing member of the Business Continuity Planning Committee, the Pandemic Working Group, the IT Strategic Planning Committee, and the CRM/BI Query Group.
- Coordinates the updates and testing of the bank's business continuity and pandemic programs.
- Assists with interpreting and implementing accounting and regulatory changes.
- Assists with budgeting, financial forecasting, and regulatory reports.
- Coordinates more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the Accounting team or with other departments.
- Interacts directly with auditors and regulators during periodic audits and reviews.
- Develops or assists with new systems as needed.
- Communicates recommendations, insights, and potential corrective actions based on analysis of financial data to Director of Accounting.
- Builds brand awareness by providing exquisite and responsive customer service.
- Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
WORK SCHEDULE FOR AN ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR
This full-time, exempt, accounting position, in banking, works a typical schedule of 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
READY TO JOIN OUR FRIENDLY, CARING TEAM?
Apply easily through our careers website: www.traditions.bank/careers
General Requirements & Skills
QUALIFICATIONS FOR AN ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience is required.
- At least five years' experience in public accounting and/or the financial services industry is required.
- Experience with accounting policy and the ability to research GAAP issues is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work individually as well as a member of a team.
- General understanding of the interest rate market.
- Experience with Accounting Policy and the ability to research GAAP issues.
- Requires a high level of tact and integrity due to the regular exposure to confidential data.
- Responsible for understanding the bank's compliance policies as it relates to the specific individual job duties and following the provisions of such policies, specifically understanding that any violation of such policies must be reported to the Director of Regulatory Services immediately.
- Associate demonstrates personal behaviors exemplary of the core values.