Supervisor: Contract Manager/Location: York City School District/Classification: Full-time Hourly/Non-Exempt/Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Schedule: Monday – Friday, between the hours of 7:45AM-3:15PM. Working lunch with the children. Follows the York City School District calendar.
The Assistant Teacher will assist the Pre-K Counts Lead Teacher in providing equitable developmentally appropriate instruction to pre-kindergarten students of various developmental backgrounds in the area of social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development and to provide a safe and supervised setting for students.
COVID-19 vaccination is required. At York County Libraries, the health and safety of our employees are important to us. Therefore, new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire. Individuals requiring a medical or religious accommodation may contact Human Resources.
General Requirements & Skills
Candidate must enjoy being a team player and providing excellent care and service to a diverse population. The candidate should have the ability to interact with staff, families and students in a manner that demonstrates respect and dignity, and the ability to solve problems in a professional manner.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma with CDA Certificate or Associates Degree
- At least one year of experience in Early Childhood field.
- Candidate must have current PA Child Abuse Clearance, PA Criminal History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint-Based Clearance, and Mandated Reporter Training Certificate.
- Must be able to lift to 30 pounds from ground level to waist level and be able to bend, squat, and kneel occasionally throughout work shift.
- Must be able to reach, lift, and stretch throughout the workday.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk up to seven hours at a time.
- Must be able to sit for up to seven hours at a time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively supervise children at all times/maintain ratio at all times.
- Assist teacher with any preparation of materials, displays, etc. This includes charts, theme boards, games, manipulatives, and homework.
- Collaborate weekly with teacher on the planning of lessons.
- Review lesson plans for the day in the morning with teacher and be prepared to teach and assess the small group lesson.
- Take observation/assessment notes daily for all students.
- Set up of classroom before the school year begins and tear down of classroom in June.
- Participate in events that promote the partnership of York County Libraries and the York City School District.
- Contact supervisors/coaches with instructional concerns and child concerns.
- Complete Behavior Tracking Forms on students as needed.
- Understand and be able to implement policies and procedures in the Parent Handbook and Teacher Handbook.
- Assist lead teacher with the administration of assessments.
- Collaborate with lead teacher on creating monthly and large supply orders.
- Ensure that the Development Screener Tracker is kept current.
- Implement behavior plans.
- Be prepared to take over most lead teacher duties in the absence of lead teacher and to assist the district sub if applicable.
- Actively participate in coaching cycles with Pre-K coaches.
- Actively participate in professional development and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned