The principle duties of the Assistant Teacher include collaborating with the Head Teacher to develop weekly curricular plans; cooperating with home base team to implement and evaluate classroom activities; overseeing the physical well-being of the children; maintenance of the classroom, classroom materials and equipment; and contributing to the overall operation of the Early Childhood Program.
- Collaborate with the Head Teacher to provide a nurturing environment in which all children feel welcomed and secure.
- Meet NAEYC and Keystone STARS* standards.
- Adhere to the standards outlined in the JCC Early Childhood Program Handbook for:
- Following DHS regulations
- Communicating with families
- Care of facility and equipment
- Record keeping
- Health and safety procedures
- Attend regular meetings for your teaching team, the Early Childhood Program, and the JCC.
- Other duties as needed or assigne
General Requirements & Skills
- High school diploma, plus 15 credits in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Human Resources, or an equivalent field and one year experience working with children; or
- High school equivalent plus 30 credits in the above fields; or
- High School equivalent plus two years of experience working with young children.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of child caregiving