Hanover Foods Corporation is currently seeking a 1st shift Assistant Wastewater Treatment Operator. An Assistant Wastewater Treatment Operator is responsible to perform the necessary duties to assure the Waste Water Treatment Operations is within recommended operating procedures to meet the compliance of all the regulatory mandates of the local, state and federal agencies. This candidate will also operate the waste water treatment plant in the absence of the waste water treatment Supervisor.
- Monitor and record all utility meter readings - water, electric and fuel daily.
- Accurately prepare meter reading reports for submittal for energy usage reports weekly.
- Monitor and clean equipment in the Waste Water Treatment Plant for efficient and continues operation.
- Lubricate Waste Water Treatment Plant equipment daily to meet IAW recommended frequencies
- Perform control and National Pollution Discharge System (NPDES) testing on wastewaters.
- Monitor wastewater treatment system and perform corrective action as needed to ensure compliance with NPDES permit.
- Maintain lab equipment used in performing tests.
- Maintain records on testing and equipment as required by NPDES permit.
- Monitor and report data on sludge wasting program. Perform additional testing on sludge as required and submit samples to independent analysis labs.
- Perform testing on monitoring wells as required under NPDES permit.
- Monitor and submit requisitions for testing supplies.
- Perform additional testing duties as required by engineering consulting firms.
- Perform testing as required by Penn Township permit for Industrial Waste Discharge.
- Perform all Waste Water Treatment Plant functions; Mowing, Snow Removal.
- Perform or Assist in the performance of Waste Water Treatment Plant projects.
Hanover Foods Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
You can apply online at www.hanoverfoods.com or in person at 1550 York St., Hanover - PA 17331.
General Requirements & Skills
- Basic Math Skills
- Ability to record data onto a spreadsheet.
- Ability to work with minimum Supervision
- Ability to communicate to Management and co-workers.
- Ability to work in all environments
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Must have good attendance record
- Previous experience in a food processing plant, Waste Water Treatment Plant