Position : Front of House Team Member
The Front of House team is primarily responsible for creating our guests’ experience at Prince Street Cafe. This includes greeting the guests, receiving their orders, maintaining a beautiful and clean space, interacting with guests during their entire visit and serving them in a variety of ways. Members of the Front of House team will be responsible for brewing coffee, teas, espresso and preparing other beverages.
Position : Back of House / Cafe Culinary Team Member
Back of House is responsible for maintaining quality food standards at Prince Street Cafe by working quickly and efficiently to craft all food and smoothie items. They are the backbone of success for the entire cafe and handle all of the important logistics including, but not limited to: making menu items, managing inventory, cleaning functions, washing dishes, and other organizational tasks. Members of the BOH team are imperative for ensuring that customers receive the best possible service and quality of products. The BOH team members are fast, efficient, and task oriented.
General Requirements & Skills
- Ability to remain calm and respectful in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to ensure adherence of established procedures and quality standards.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with a strong sense of urgency in an environment with continual noise (customers, music over cafe speakers, etc.)
- Ability to interact socially in a positive manner with customers.
- Embodies a pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to work in a physical space that also offers a variety of foods.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in food handling.