JOB DESCRIPTION PART TIME BOOKKEEPER
Keystone Kidspace is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Based in York, PA, this start-up provides educational enrichment activities for kids and families throughout Central Pennsylvania. More information can be found at www.keystonekidspace.org.
The Bookkeeper will report directly to the Executive Director and work closely with the Board Treasurer. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for managing the financial transactions of the organization, maintaining records and monitoring accounts. Duties include checking accounting records for accuracy, account reconciliations, tracking invoices, cash receipts, disbursements and payments, compliance with federal, state and local laws, inventory management and maintaining fixed asset listing. The Bookkeeper will also work with the Executive Director and Treasurer to create and maintain a system for organizing financial documentation and sharing financial information and reports with appropriate stakeholders, including the Board of Directors.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
1. Monthly reconciliation of the cash bank accounts with the general ledger and the donation software platform
2. Monthly reconciliation and tracking of the credit card charges
3. Monthly journal entries including expenses, revenues, and payroll
4. Working with the Executive Director to ensure donations are deposited and categorized properly
5. Working with the Treasurer to develop monthly reports for the Board of Directors meetings
6. Working with the Treasurer and Executive Director to prepare materials for annual financial audit
7. Manage retail inventory and ordering
8. Managing and maintaining fixed asset records
This position description is intended to be general and may evolve over time. Employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.
Send resume to Jessica Brubaker, Executive Director at email@example.com.
General Requirements & Skills
1. 3-5 years of general accounting experience (non-profit experience a plus) 2. Microsoft Excel experience
3. Experience and skills with QuickBooks online
4. Excellent working with people skills
5. Self-starter who can help to build this function from the ground up
6. Child Abuse and Criminal Background Check (mandatory for all employees)