The Pennsylvania Health Insurance Exchange Authority (Pennie) is a state-affiliated entity established in 2019 by Act 42 to create a state-based insurance exchange, reduce costs and better support the needs of consumers purchasing health insurance in the individual market.
Pennie aims to ensure a stable and accessible individual insurance market and to improve affordability for the hundreds of thousands of Pennsylvanians who rely on it for health coverage. More information about Pennie can be found at https://agency.pennie.com.
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from the provisions of Pennsylvania State Civil Service and its’ selection shall be made by and the incumbent shall serve at the pleasure of the Executive Director of the PA Health Insurance Exchange.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Analyst is responsible for the set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders. This role must understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization in order to recommend solutions which enable the organization to achieve its goals. This position documents and maintains requirements and participates in software development projects to deliver value to organization business units.
- Performs business value analysis to support return on investment evaluation of change requests.
- Participates in business and technical design sessions.
- Prepares and presents clear status reporting using agency-based reporting tools.
- Collaborates with Quality Analysts in developing test cases to align to approved requirements.
- Helps define and monitor performance reports; communicating system status.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Contributes to team efforts in all aspects of project implementation by completing necessary tasks outside immediate scope of responsibility.
- Performs other related duties.
- Manage complex system projects to meet deliverables in tight timeframes.
- Develop IT solutions which increase productivity but minimize the cost.
- Communicate complicated IT technical language to lay audiences.
- Conduct effective meetings and produce specialized reports as required.
- Review and provide feedback on security approaches and security documentation
- Manage multiple complex priority projects and respond to changes quickly and effectively.
- Communicate effectively orally.
- Communicate effectively in writing.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Health & Wellness
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
We offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules and telecommuting arrangements are available for certain positions.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
*Eligibility rules apply.
LOCATION/ TRAVEL: Candidates must maintain a Pennsylvania residency. Periodic travel in-state and out-of-state may be required.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On a scale of 1-5 (1=low, 5=high), what is your working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite software?
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
General Requirements & Skills
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field.
- 4-6 years of business analysis experience, preferably within the health insurance industry.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft tools, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Power Point and SharePoint.
- Experience leading Facilitated Workshops for requirements analysis.
- Experience creating workflows using formal notation such as the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN).
- Knowledge of formal requirements gathering methodologies.
- Experience developing Business and Functional requirements, User (stakeholder) requirements, Quality-of-Service (non-functional) requirements, Report Specifications and Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Strong organization and writing skills. Experienced developing graphic representations of complex business processes.