DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work will primarily be assisting mental health consumers in finding and maintaining permanent housing in the community. This is predominately a direct care position with hour’s flexible based on consumer’s needs. The caseworker will support the consumers’ in their home and provide community linkage to service providers.
Close coordination with other Housing Plan partners; i.e. York Housing Authority, etc. will be critical. Accurate and timely reporting will be absolutely necessary.
Provide caseworker services to residents of the Young Adult Apartment Program. This includes assisting consumers maintain housing, access community supports, having proper maintenance of required records, as well as close coordination with other services.
Because of the nature of this Agency, it is essential that the caseworker believe in the philosophy of the Agency as well as be able to implement programs that are viable and essential to the consumer’s need.
- Assist Consumers - The position will help eligible consumers to maintain housing by accessing permanent funding and community resources for housing (i.e. Section 8, Public Housing) through the Master Leasing or Shelter Plus Care Programs. Also, assist program consumers to establish their permanent homes (i.e., helping to arrange moves, finding affordable furnishings, contacting utility companies, etc.). Assist each consumer in developing their own recovery plan which will be reviewed annually. May also coordinate employment needs with employment resources such as Vocational Rehab or Careerlink. Furthermore, assist SHP and PATH consumers find safe and affordable permanent housing in the community by conducting the steps previously stated. Also, adhere to the production requirements for consumer contact within the Health Choices Program.
- Support Services - Provide support services to help consumers to maintain their housing (i.e., budget counseling, intervention between consumers and landlords, instructions in managing home emergencies, assistance in maintaining housing during periods of hospitalization, etc.)
- Documentation – Keep timely and accurate documentation as required by the program procedures. Record progress notes in the HMIS system for SHP and PATH consumers and input notes in the HSS (Citrix) system for Health Choices consumers. Open and maintain a consumer record on each program participant.
- Case Management Services - Provide case management services at designated Bell properties as needed.
1) Make referrals to generic community services as needed (i.e., social rehabilitation, vocational services, therapy services, adult basic education, etc.)
2) Help consumers to access generic community housing related services (i.e., York County MH/IDD, Community Progress Council, LIHEAP, York Housing Development Corp., etc.)
3) Develop service linkages and become familiar with the requirements of the housing assistance programs (i.e., Community Housing Council, HAP Program, Section 8 Housing, Rent Rebate Programs, etc.)
4) Assist in the transportation of consumers.
5) Participate in Agency staff meetings, program staff meetings, Team meetings and special activities.
6) Attend 24 (twenty-four) hours of annual training as required.
7) Follow and support agency philosophy, policies, and procedures.
8) Assume other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.