SUMMARY: The Service Coordinator is responsible for managing the customer experience from the time a call is placed through the completion of the request. This position requires a general understanding of the basic functions of Mechanical equipment; Boilers, Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and Generators. In addition to strong communication, negotiation and organizational skills while working in team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle incoming customer calls and direct accordingly
- Create and Manage Customer Accounts
- Manage and deliver internal/external customer communication for all service orders
- Create and Manage service calls
- Manage dispatch boards and prioritize calls according to urgency and importance
- Be present at Account Turnovers w/Account Managers and Technicians when applicable
- Process customer credit card payments
- Schedule preventative maintenance service orders.
- Communicate preventative maintenance schedule with Preventative Maintenance Coordinator
- Coordinate with all locations on manpower
- Update vacation calendars once approved by Operation Manager.
- Assist Office Manager in payroll process.
- Assist Billing Agent with obtaining vendor invoices
- Assist Billing Agent with billing
- Comprehend and communicate credit/collection guidelines.
- Assist with forecasting Preventative Maintenance numbers for HB McClure huddles
- Maintain all service agreements, to include the setup, renewal, scheduling and ordering of materials, as needed
- Maintain and submit all backflow paperwork to billing agent for final processing.
- Process requests for Certificate of Insurance
- Ability to follow building and department procedures and policies
- Facilitate bi-weekly scheduling meetings within division
- Communicate and assist scheduling requests from Project Managers, Account Managers, Operation Manager, and Branch Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned
General Requirements & Skills
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma/Completion of G.E.D.
- Three years of customer service work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in a fast-paced professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
SAFETY STATEMENT: It is imperative that all employees recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.