The York County History Center, a cultural non-profit located in downtown York, PA, seeks a focused, process oriented part time Coordinator of Development Operations to join a team committed to advancing the mission of an innovative and important historical resource for the region. This position will play a vital role in connecting the History Center with its members, donors and potential supporters.
The Coordinator of Development Operations should be an enthusiastic, creative individual who enjoys managing information and projects with a focus on connecting people with opportunities to support the mission of the History Center. Individuals that serve in this capacity will record and track gifts from donors and members while providing related data and information in support of donor engagement by the Advancement team and senior leadership. Periodically the Coordinator of Development Operations will participate in special events and programs, and provide logistical support, as needed for fundraising activities.
The York County History Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The organization is following all CDC Covid-19 guidelines, masks are required in historic buildings. The hourly rate for this position is $13.50 – $15.50 depending upon experience.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: Individual Giving Manager, York County History Center, 250 E. Market St., York, PA 17403. Electronic submissions are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org Please put “Coordinator of Development Operations” in the subject line. No phone calls.
General Requirements & Skills
The Coordinator of Development Operations is responsible for organizing and performing day-to-day administrative functions within the Advancement division. Primary responsibilities of the position include accurate and timely data entry, monthly reporting, donor acknowledgements, membership renewal, and mailings. Assistance with special events is also expected of this position.
- Participate and contribute as an integral member of a high functioning team
- Reports to the Manager of Individual Giving to improve processes and procedures related to gift processing, donor tracking and campaign management
- Complete tasks and assignments within agreed upon timelines using established procedures
Essential Functions (include but are not limited to):
- Database Management
- Perform accurate, daily data entry of all contributions and in-kind gifts to the organization
- Maintain the integrity of donor records, including updated addresses, salutations, deceased patrons/spouses and contribution allocation
- Run monthly gift reports for the Advancement team, Advancement Committee and Board of Directors
- Manage all mailing lists
- Donor Acknowledgement
- Run donor acknowledgements on a weekly basis for all contributions, paying attention to accuracy of gift and donor information
- Membership Program Support
- Solicit membership renewals each month according to established schedule
- Update records for members ensuring accuracy of information
- Work with Advancement team, Director of PR & Marketing and Program team to identify membership sales/promotions at events and in media
- Work collaboratively with the Manager of Individual Giving to offer new member orientations
- Manage all donor acknowledgments and membership join/renewal correspondence
- Pull mailing lists for various solicitations, marketing and other activities as needed
- Assist with solicitation and special project mailings and provide related donor data and information
- Other Duties as needed
- Assist with Advancement related special events including fundraisers, leadership gatherings, annual meeting and the member holiday open house
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Creativity and demonstrated success in managing multiple projects
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, especially in cross functional teams in differing locations
- Strong organizational and interpersonal abilities; attention to detail and skill in dealing with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Diplomacy, tact, discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality inside and outside the organization
- Two or more years of experience in a fundraising setting, non-profit organization, or a professional office setting in related areas such as administrative, analytics, database administration, or market research is required
- Familiarity with donor databases and the willingness to use, or learn to use them in support of fundraising efforts is required
- Knowledge of Versai, Raiser’s Edge, and web development is a plus
- Experience with data management and comfort with dashboards and querying/reported tools is considered a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Effective at working under pressure, meeting deadlines, and functioning in a fast-paced and changeable environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to lift or move materials up to 30 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license
- Background checks required