Purpose: The successful applicant will on a daily basis provide efficient information and help for members with concerns or questions, on ACH, Share Draft, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Online banking etc., and process financial transactions. Carry out a wide variety of operational duties pertaining to the Data Processing Department
- Daily processing of ACH, Share Drafts, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, etc.
- Communicate with members regarding transactions relating to their account.
- Reconcilement in a timely manner of any G/L accounts.
- Daily preparations of reports and filing.
- Answer telephone inquiries and process financial transactions in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Process in a timely manner any Returned Item.
- General written correspondence as needed.
- Maintain records of members that owe funds to the Credit Union.
- Learn all aspects of ACH, Share Draft, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, etc.
- Process, mail, payments and payrolls.
- Set up new online banking accounts.
- Scan member forms and documentation into the appropriate location for file retention.
- Maintain membership files in an organized manner.
- Report problems or concerns to Member Service VP.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Member Service VP.
- Keep your work area and equipment clean and neat.
General Requirements & Skills
- 6 months to 2 years member service, operations, or accounting preferably in the financial service sector; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to empathize with members concerns
- Ability to be able to work with an Excel spreadsheet and develop spreadsheets as needed.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Good Interpersonal skills/Phone skills
- Ability to Multi-task