York Literacy's next Director of Development will have knowledge and experience in the following areas is required:
- the nature and dimensions of philanthropy, ethics, motivation for giving and volunteering, research and cultivation practices
- standard fundraising techniques including face-to-face solicitation, proposal writing, special events, telephone solicitation, and direct mail,
- development office functions including gift processing, prospect and donor histories, and fundraising reporting
- demonstrated experience and confidence in asking people to contribute time and money.
- Savvy with computer systems and databases is also necessary.
General Requirements & Skills
The York County Literacy Council is looking for an outgoing, organized, detail oriented, professional (Fund) Development Director.
Comprehensive management skills and experience are required, including but not limited to:
- short and long-term planning, evaluation, directing and motivating staff and volunteers, excellent oral and written communication skills, marketing, fund development and financial management.
- managing and implementing a comprehensive fund development program that produces charitable contributions.
- highly competent motivator of volunteers and staff.
- skills: Microsoft suite products and database functions