The Development Manager is responsible for the implementation of the membership program, planned giving initiatives as well as grant writing for annual fund and special project needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Membership and Individual Giving:
- Develops and implements strategies to grow and sustain membership giving, including new member prospecting and current member retention. Oversees entire solicitation and stewardship process
- Implements special giving appeals including holiday campaign, Giving Tuesday, Give Local York
- Prepares and monitors annual fund budget
- Develops plans and manages member cultivation events
- Drafts copy and proofreads communications and materials
- Oversees annual donor lists and other donor recognition programs
- Works closely with Development Assistant to conduct regular audits of development database procedures and ensure that procedures are streamlined and updated
- Lead grant writer for Cultural Alliance, foundation, government, education and special projects grants.
- Responsible for researching grant opportunities and suggesting possibilities.
- Works with Director of Development and relevant staff to create grant strategy and gather timelines, measures of impact and other necessary information.
- Develops and implements strategies to grow and sustain planned giving initiatives, including donor prospecting, education and recognition. Oversees marketing, solicitation and stewardship process.
Other Duties as assigned.
General Requirements & Skills
Critical Success Factors
The critical success factors listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
- Willingness and ability to ask people for monetary donations
- Project management skills with proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service and written/oral communications skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
Education and Experience
- Education: B.A. degree or Higher
- Three or more years of Development/fund raising experience in a non-profit organization, including grant writing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance. The employee is often required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Excellent hearing is essential.