SpiriTrust Lutheran is now hiring a Pt Day Dining Services Assistant.
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, our employees are a highly valued resource. Their dedication, skill and commitment enable us to provide excellent service and care within our continuing care retirement communities, community outreach programs and home care services.
We offer: Competitive salaries Comprehensive benefits package Education assistance Career advancement/professional growth Friendly, team-oriented environment If you are ready to join us for a rewarding career.
General Responsibilities of Dining Services Assistants
Responsible for performing a variety of duties relating to the preparation and serving of food; complying with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards; achieving goals as established in the department’s annual operating plan; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
Basic Qualifications of Dining Services Assistants
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent normally required.
Skill(s): Read and understand English; moderate reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; moderate interpersonal relations and communicative skills. Refer to separate analysis for physical requirements of the essential functions with or without accommodation.
Experience: A minimum of one (1) years’ experience in related positions normally required.
Essential Duties of Dining Services Assistants
Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran, witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
- Interacts with, residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
- Performs a variety of duties relating to the preparation and serving of food as illustrated by the following:
- Completes daily, weekly, and nightly closing cleaning jobs as scheduled.
- Prepares, serves, and helps to clear dining rooms in nursing wings, personal care wings, and main dining room.
- Relays guest trays to proper destination.
- Prepares and serves beverages according to established method.
- Transports food carts to proper locations as assigned.
- Keeps work area clean; cleans equipment in general work area and dining rooms using prescribed methods and following established cleaning schedule.
- Prepares tables with proper place settings.
- Ensures cleanliness and order in walk-in refrigerators, food and equipment areas.
- Assists with dishwashing, sorting, and putting away dishes, glasses, and utensils.
- Fills and cleans salad bar.
- Stocks kitchenettes.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards as follows:
- Prepares and/or serves food and beverages in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as established procedures.
- Reports hazardous conditions; works safely throughout the day and is conscientious about safety.
- Reports all accidents/incidents of injury to the Dining Services Supervisor.
- Accurately records time worked or not worked as illustrated by the following:
- Accurately records time in and out at the start and end of each shift and at the start and end of each meal break utilizing the Agency’s timekeeping system.
- Makes corrections to the timekeeping system, as necessary, on appropriate forms within the required payroll timeframe.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other staff within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information
- Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Identifies, prevents, and reports actual or suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation, and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with standards.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.
- Abides by and supports the organization’s code of conduct by exhibiting behavior that is set forth in the code of conduct. Performs duties in accordance with the code of conduct and completes annual compliance training.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other personnel, etc., within given timeframes and within established policy.