Join Community Services Group (CSG), a Certified B Corporation, as a Direct Support Professional (DSP) for our Adult Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Services in York and Adams Counties and find meaning in your work every day.
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP), you will develop relationships with individuals with an intellectual and/or developmental disability where they live, work, or in other community settings, in order to promote their emotional, physical and personal well-being. You will have the opportunity to:
- Support the civil and human rights of individuals with disabilities while upholding and promoting those rights.
- Assist individuals in the development of appropriate life skills necessary to reach their highest level of potential including interaction with others, cooking, housekeeping, money management, personal hygiene, etc.
- Support the individuals' preferences and ensures their interests are honored.
- Actively search for opportunities for individuals to experience life in their homes and communities as others without disabilities do.
- Facilitate life in the community through activities based on the hobbies and interests of those you will support.
- Help individuals reach their goals to be more independent by offering guidance, instruction, and role modeling.
- Be the Heart and Soul of our IDD Services.
This position offers:
- Wage based on relevant experience.
- An incentive bonus.
- Full-Time, Part-Time & Flexible schedules - 2nd & 3rd shifts including weekend hours.
- Locations in Dover, Hanover, New Oxford, New Salem, Red Lion, and York, PA.
- Variety in terms of daily routine and tasks with the opportunity for growth in your skills and understanding of others.
- Extensive paid training with an assigned Mentor that you can use in all aspects of your life.
- Career Development Opportunities through ongoing focused training and development.
- Autonomy to make decisions within a stable work environment while being supported by your team and your leadership.
- Up-to-date, user friendly technology and in-house IT support.
CSG offers Health Insurance & Benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision & Life Insurance - Available for employees, spouses and domestic partners who qualify.
- Generous Paid Time Off & Other Paid Leave.
- Wellness Programs and Reimbursement.
- 401K with employer match, Tuition Assistance & More!
Health Insurance & Benefits availability will vary.
Become a valued member of the CSG Team. Together, we are a force for good!
Like other healthcare organizations, we provide essential services to individuals and we will continue to serve and to hire during the COVID-19 pandemic while providing a safe and stable work environment for our team.
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
General Requirements & Skills
- 18 or older.
- High school diploma or equivalency or the desire to assist individuals to live life to its fullest.
- Willingness to accompany individuals into the community and provide support and assistance in interactions while maintaining sensitivity to the rights and dignity of the individual.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet individual's and program's needs.
- Valid driver's license and the willingness to transport individuals within the community in personal or CSG vehicles, including passenger vans.
- Be able to provide criminal background checks that were completed within the last year.
Successful DSPs at CSG are:
- Patient, compassionate, reliable, attentive, creative, flexible, understanding and open-minded.
- Committed to and advocate for the individuals we serve.
- Team players who are able to work well with others while being adaptable.
- Able to celebrate small successes while working towards long term goals.