Position Accountable To: VP, Economic & Community Development
Hours: Full-time salaried *may require time outside of regular business hours
Position Description: The Director of Economic Initiatives will oversee implementation of the York County Economic Action plan and its major initiatives with countywide impact.The manager will serve as an internal lead and champion for the EAP within YCEA by convening internal teams to advance EAP goals for which YCEA is lead. This includes leading the Codorus Creek Greenway project and service as important support to the YoCo Fiber broadband strategy and the York County Trail Towns program, among others. The manager will also serve as an external point of contact, convener, and facilitator of the EAP’s working groups and other stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled facilitator and convener who can bring together internal and external groups to accomplish goals with significant countywide impact. They will be a creative problem solver, strategic thinker, and detail-oriented project manager who can function at a high-level with minimal supervision. They will also collaborate well with stakeholders of all types. Importantly, they will bring passion and excitement to this critical position and thrive on serving in a stewardship role for York County’s Economic Action Plan.
- Serve as a primary point of contact and lead implementer for the York County Economic Action Plan and several of its major goals, including
- Codorus Creek Greenway (lead)
- YoCo Fiber broadband strategy (support)
- York County Trail Towns (support)
- Maintain regular communications and dialogue with entities responsible for leading specific EAP goals
- Track progress on goal implementation and regularly update YCEA leadership and funders
- Coordinate between key partners: City of York, York County Planning Commission
- Work with the marketing and communications team to convey the status and successes of the EAP to the public and target audiences
- Write successful grant applications and engage in other fundraising tactics to secure support for major EAP initiatives
- Represent YCEA on a variety of committees as needed
- Embody YCEA and EAP commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and ensure those
principles are reflected in all aspects of our work
- Other duties as assigned
General Requirements & Skills
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as economics, business
administration. planning, public policy, or environmental studies and at least 2-4 years of
experience in a relevant professional role
- Fluency in Spanish desired but not required
- Experience writing successful grant proposals
- Project management experience
- Experience working in a socially and demographically diverse community and embracing
diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to manage logistics, details, and deadlines
- Able to function effectively and independent of direct-supervision
- Able to handle sensitive issues, situations, and information with diplomacy, professionalism and
- Ability to thrive in a hybrid work environment that temporarily—and perhaps permanently—
will involve both remote and in-person work as needed
Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and the names/contact information for three
references in one PDF file to lschmaltz@YCEAPA.org with “Director of Economic Initiatives” in the
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This position will remain open until filled.
The York County Economic Alliance and Downtown Inc are Equal Opportunity Employers and
are committed to cultivating an environment where all voices are celebrated and treated
with respect. Our mission is to create equitable economic prosperity. Read about our
Economic Equity Plan here.
Our organizations are dedicated to provide opportunities to all employees and applicants. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other basis protecting employees and applicants under the law.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, along with tuition reimbursement and paid family leave.