York, PA, US, 17404
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of 3,780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with Met-Ed a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [ME]
Hourly Rate - 34.08/hr
Bargaining Position with IBEW 777
Partial Job Requirements
- Under directive supervision, designs and lays out all phases of single phase primary projects, both in the office and in the field. Included are single phase primary extensions up to five poles, single phase primary relocations up to three poles, and single phase primary underground up to five transformer locations.
- Under directive supervision, designs and lays out all phases of projects where overhead three phase primary already exists. Examples are single-phase transformers, secondaries, services, foreign attachments and pole renewals.
- Does required surveying, prepares filed notes and drawings including directing another person who may be assisting. Does all phases of outage evaluation both in the office and in the field. May be required to secure rights-of-way. Performs other related or lesser skilled duties for which he/she is qualified or has received proper instruction or direction.
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED equivalency. Must have satisfactorily completed Company approved courses in algebra, geometry, trigonometry, physics, mechanical drawing or computer-aided design and drafting (CADD), AC & DC electrical theory, and statics. Associates degree in Engineering Technology preferred.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be willing and able to work extra and/or irregular hours; under unusual or special working conditions and surroundings; and away from home base for extended periods of time.
- Normal health, physique and sensory functions, including color perception, near/distant visual acuity and hearing as required to perform the job duties. Strength and dexterity adequate to safely perform all the duties of this classification.
- Must develop a working knowledge of Company Construction Manuals, Materials Manuals, Engineering Manuals, FERC accounting, National Electric Safety Code, the National Electric Code, and local electric codes. Must be familiar with Company’s Safety Rules.
- Must successfully complete the EEI Selection Test (TECH I) prior to entry into the Automatic Mode of Progression.
Must participate in the Distribution Designer classification Automatic Mode of Progression and will be required to train and qualify to the Distribution Designer classification
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Nearest Major Market: York PA
Nearest Secondary Market: Lancaster
Job Segment: Distribution, Engineer, Electrical, Drafting, Physics, Operations, Engineering, Science