Job Title: Manager, Economic Initiatives
Position Accountable To: Director of Economic Initiatives
Hours: Full-time salaried *may require time outside of regular business hours
Position Description: Enhance the effectiveness of the York County Economic Alliance (YCEA) advocacy efforts as it applies to the York County Economic Action Plan (EAP) and related initiatives. A candidate will accomplish tasks by monitoring regulatory and legislative proposals, collect information related to local business climate from members and partners, improve response and action to advocacy issues, and aid implementation of goals for EAP. This position works in the Economic and Community Development department to aid in the efforts of the departments programming, messaging, and connection with individuals to enhance collaboration and the prosperity of the York County economy. This position reports to the Director of Economic Initiatives.
York County Economic Action Plan (EAP)
- Aids and works alongside Economic Initiatives Director with department related focuses as outlined in the York County Economic Action Plan and several major goals, including:
- Codorus Creek Greenway
- YoCo Fiber Broadband Strategy
- York County Trail Towns
- Supports partners and aid engagement of EAP goals.
- Supports additional department focuses and connect with EAP constituents.
- Staffs and provides administrative support to the EAP related committees to review issues on behalf of business members and the York County community/economy. Helps craft recommendations on position statements, surveys and other mediums.
- Helps in facilitation of department programs and develops indicators of success.
- Develops an understanding of past and present government and business issues by monitoring and tracking legislative, regulatory, government programs, business issues.
- Utilizes a variety of sources including government web sites, electronic media, local and regional newspapers and other publications.
- Supports Director of Economic Initiatives, Senior Leadership, and other applicable department heads on advocacy issues and needed action.
- Cooperates and connects with other advocacy/business groups.
- Aids in education and requests for non-partisan Advocacy issues through research, development, writing and distribution of surveys, briefs/reports, & positions.
- Assists in developing effective interaction between members, the community, and elected officials, while promoting the YCEA initiatives on the federal, state and local level. Attends all level of government meetings, as needed.
- Coordinates YCEA Advocacy and EAP programs, including elected official meetings, roundtables, legislative luncheons, community/candidate forums, municipal highlights and any other events that allow members to become involved in the legislative process.
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending seminars, conferences and continuing education courses. Attends programs related to job improvement skills/education.
- Provides support to affiliated entities and County Authorities as necessary.
- Collaborates with various department as assigned and as a part of related functions.
Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and the names/contact information for three references in one PDF file to lschmaltz@YCEAPA.org with “Manager, Economic Initiatives” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This position will remain open until filled.
The York County Economic Alliance and Downtown Inc are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to cultivating an environment where all voices are celebrated and treated with respect. Our mission is to create equitable economic prosperity. Read about our Economic Equity Plan here.
Our organizations are dedicated to provide opportunities to all employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protecting employees and applicants under the law.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, along with tuition reimbursement and paid family leave.
General Requirements & Skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in Public Policy, Political Science, Business or other related majors. Desired 2-3 years of work experience.
- Ability to thoroughly research and present issues.
- Ability to maintain non-partisan communications and personal/public interactions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with government offices, stakeholders, YCEA members, YCEA staff and volunteers.
- Ability to be detail oriented and to use project management skills (organizing, developing, follow through, and timeliness of projects) to achieve goals.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and the use of computers, software (with preference in Microsoft office suite).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work with multiple tasks.
- Project a professional manner and appearance.
- Fluency in Spanish desired but not required.
- Ability to thrive in a hybrid work environment that temporarily—and perhaps permanently—will involve both remote and in-person work as needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours to participate in meetings and events