SpiriTrust Lutheran is now hiring an Occasional Environmental Services Worker - Housekeeping.
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, our employees are a highly valued resource. Their dedication, skill and commitment enable us to provide excellent service and care within our continuing care retirement communities, community outreach programs and home care services.
General Responsibilities of Environmental Services Worker--Laundry/Housekeeping
Responsible for performing environmental services duties in accordance with established procedures to ensure proper infection and disease control; performing a variety of environmental services duties in order to maintain assigned area(s) in a sanitary, orderly, safe, and attractive condition; achieving goals as established in the department’s annual operating plan; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
Basic Qualifications of Environmental Services Worker
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent normally required.
Skill(s): Speak and understand English; moderate reading, writing, and grammar skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures; demonstrated knowledge of cleaning agents, tools, and laundry and housekeeping equipment operation; valid driver’s license where required to meet Program’s needs. Refer to separate analysis for physical requirements of the essential functions with or without accommodation.
Experience: None required.
- Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran , witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
- Interacts with residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
- When assigned to laundry, performs laundry duties to provide clean and sanitary laundry in accordance with established procedures to ensure proper infection and disease control as illustrated by the following:
- Collects, sorts, washes, soaks, and dries soiled laundry and linen; operates washers, dryers, and other laundry equipment.
- Transfers clothing from washers according to established operating procedures.
- Folds, stacks, and delivers laundry, linen and residents’ personal clothing.
- Irons and sews personal items when necessary.
- Issues clean linens to departments on a daily basis.
- Handles contaminated linen according to procedure when necessary.
- Picks up laundry and linen from residents.
- Maintains records and logs as assigned.
- Maintains equipment and supplies in an orderly manner and keeps work area clean, safe, and sanitary; reports any problems related to structural or electrical wear or unsafe conditions; uses supplies and equipment according to directions; inventories supplies on an ongoing basis and notifies appropriate personnel of needed supplies.
- Performs all essential housekeeping duties within the laundry area.
- Conducts linen usage studies.
- When assigned to housekeeping, performs a variety of housekeeping duties in order to maintain assigned area(s) in a sanitary, orderly, safe, and attractive condition as follows:
- Receives daily cleaning assignment; selects materials and supplies from utility room; loads service cart and transports to work area; at end of shift returns unused supplies to utility room; leaves trash in designated areas; and cleans cart and all equipment.
- Cleans and/or dusts assigned areas, furnishings, fixtures, window sills, blinds, etc., according to established housekeeping procedures; utilizes special cleaning solutions and disinfectants to prevent the spread of disease.
- Follows daily, weekly, and monthly schedule as outlined.
- Washes walls, inside and outside windows on the ground level; cleans movable and stationary furnishings and fixtures, light fixtures, tops of windows, door frames, and other high places, using ladders when necessary.
- Empties, cleans, and relines waste baskets.
- Cleans resident and client, private, and public bathrooms using special cleaning solution or germicides to prevent the spread of infection or disease; scours, polishes, and washes sinks, tubs, mirrors, and other plumbing fixtures; replaces disposable items such as towels, liquid soap dispensers, and toilet tissue.
- Upon discharge of residents, performs terminals cleaning procedures according to established standards.
- Arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly and safe fashion; requests help in moving furniture as necessary.
- Maintains equipment and supplies in an orderly manner; notifies supervisor when supply levels are low; maintains utility room in a clean and orderly condition.
- Reports any problems related to structural and electrical wear.
- When assigned performs a variety of floor care duties in a sanitary, orderly, and safe manner inhalls, stairways, lounges, multi-purpose rooms, utility rooms, residents’ rooms, bathrooms, etc.to include the following:
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, strips, waxes, buffs, and sanitizes hard surface floors utilizing specialized floor cleaning agents or equipment.
- Vacuums, scrubs rugs, and sanitizes carpeted floors to include spot removal and utilizing specialized floor cleaning agents or equipment
- Maintains and cleans equipment; notifies supervisor of equipment concerns.
- Maintains supplies in an orderly manner; notifies supervisor when supply levels are low; maintains utility room in a clean and orderly condition.
- Accurately records time worked or not worked as illustrated by the following:
- Accurately records time in and out at the start and end of each shift and at the start and end of each meal break utilizing the Agency’s timekeeping system.
- Makes corrections to the timekeeping system, as necessary, on appropriate forms within the required payroll timeframe.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other staff within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Identifies, prevents, and reports actual or suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation, and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with standards.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.
- Abides by and supports the organization’s code of conduct by exhibiting behavior that is set forth in the code of conduct. Performs duties in accordance with the code of conduct and completes annual compliance training.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other personnel, etc., within given timeframes and within established standards.