DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The executive director is responsible for setting and achieving the mission-based goals. The executive director will develop an annual plan to meet those goals with Board approval.
Because of the nature of the business, it is essential that the executive director be willing to work with various special need populations while generating a profit for the business. The executive director will report monthly to the Board of Directors and serve as the business’s spokesperson as needed.
- Overall supervision of the store managers. The executive director will support the store managers, as needed, with their supervision of cashiers, stock persons, lead stock person, bookkeeper, volunteers, and any other related positions.
- Coordinates and communicates regularly with Board of Directors and Committee Members. Assures all policies are followed.
- Administrative responsibilities include maintenance of necessary business license/registration/grant reporting, oversight of all financial transactions, taxes, deposits, reports, accurate pricing of all merchandise. Monthly financial statements and an annual business plan will be provided to the Board of Directors.
- The executive director will fill in to complete any work necessary when adequate staff is unavailable. The executive director will share day to day supervision with the store managers to assure a manager is always on duty.
- The executive director will call on local businesses and organizations to solicit donations of potential merchandise and volunteers, act as the spokesperson in publicity related situations, i.e., news articles, radio/TV interviews, etc. as needed.
- The executive director will promote the store by networking with other like agencies, maintain active social media strategies and market the stores through special events, newsletters and articles, and sales promotions.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Board.
General Requirements & Skills
Minimum Qualifications: Four-year degree with two years’ experience in retail and business management preferred.
Recommended Qualifications: Must have good planning and organizational skills. Strong public relations skills and non-profit experience is a plus. General familiarity with pricing strategies and building materials is desired.
Job Summary: The executive director provides overall executive leadership of the store in accordance with the direction, policies, and objectives set by the Board of Directors.