The York County History Center, a cultural non-profit located in downtown York, PA, seeks a motivated Facilities Maintenance Technician to support the organization’s visitor experience. This position works closely with the Director of Facilities to ensure the museums, historic properties, replica Court House and library & archives are well maintained and clean.
Candidates will have experience in facilities and building maintenance. Knowledge of the maintenance of historic properties is highly desired. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team, and manage multiple projects is key to a successful candidacy.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Candidates must have a valid PA driver’s license and be able to lift up to 40 – 50 lbs. Backgrounds checks are required. Full benefits are available – health, dental, retirement and life insurance. Vacation, paid holidays and sick leave are also offered.
The York County History Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please submit a resume and three references to: Facilities Maintenance Technician Search, York County History Center, 250 E. Market St., York, PA 17403. Electronic submissions are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
General Requirements & Skills
Position Title: FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Facilities
The Facilities Maintenance Technician contributes to the overall public and team experience by ensuring the facilities are well maintained and clean. This position works with staff members at the History Center’s five locations to perform routine maintenance and repairs of buildings and equipment, support special events and programs, and ensures the facilities are regularly cleaned.
Primary Duties include:
Facilities maintenance & oversight:
1.) General custodial responsibilities may include the following and other duties as needed:
- Weekly cleaning of rest rooms, kitchens and common areas including vacuuming, dusting, washing floors and wiping down chairs/tables.
- Trash and recycling
2.) Maintenance of properties – light painting, repairs
- Regular cleaning outside the facilities cleaning leaves, trash and windows as needed.
- Routine annual window washing, cleaning, painting and repairing building facades.
- Mowing, raking, sidewalk snow removal as required.
3.) Program Assistance
- Setup up and tear down rooms/facilities for internally sponsored programs
- Attend large scale special events such as Oyster Festival, Art & Leisure and Family Days to assist with facility needs.
4.) Exhibit Support
- Work collaboratively with collections staff to paint, prepare and install exhibit fabrication.
- Consult with collections team when dealing with artifacts
5.) Emergency support
- Be available to assist with organizational emergencies as needed.
6.) Other duties as assigned
- Willingness to learn about museum practices for safety and security
- Ability to work well with staff, volunteers, vendors, and contractors
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Experience in a building maintenance related field.
- The ability to lift 40-50 lbs.
- A valid PA Driver’s license.
- Background clearances are required.
- Flexible work hours are required.