The intern will gain insight as to how the YCEA and DI connect with the community and adapt strategic planning to match the needs of York County. The intern will also be given the opportunity to attend virtual and in-person events related to the task assigned that will give them a chance to see first-hand the work of our community partners.
Please note, the YCEA and DI staff is currently working on a hybrid model and the intern will be expected to do the same. If technology access is an issue, please let us know and we will be able to assist. There will be occasional in-person events the intern will be invited to attend at their comfort level. Any in-person events will follow current CDC COVID-19 health & safety precautions.
- Gain an in-depth understanding about what the YCEA does and how their resources and services benefit the county as a whole
- Utilize and develop business relations skills to identify business needs and match them with resources
- Develop an understanding of how develop a vision for the community that is both equitable and inclusive
- Discover career opportunities in economic development as well as a multitude of other industries across York County
- Network with York County professionals to establish connections that will be beneficial beyond graduation
General Requirements & Skills
All interns must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be driven and hard-working, be flexible, be willing to take direction and feedback, and be able to multi-task. Intern is expected to be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace (formerly G Suite).
Student interns must be a college student who has completed at least two (2) years of study in a field related to work in the York County Economic Alliance (YCEA) and Downtown Inc execute across York County.