Hanover Foods Corporation is currently seeking a 2nd shift Forklift Operator. You can apply on our website www.hanoverfoods.com or in person at 1550 York St., Hanover - PA 17331.
- Checks merchandise being received, warehousing, and repacking support functions under the direction of the frozen warehouse Supervisor.
- Reports any mechanical or safety problems to the Supervisor or lead person
- Picks orders, loads and unloads trucks and completes all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Drives and operates a forklift in a safe manner in a frozen storage facility.
- Perform daily forklift checks and procedures.
- Checks merchandise being received or shipped with bill of lading to ensure accuracy and correct merchandises.
- Perform daily routine warehouse duties such as cycle counts, location changes, spill reports.
General Requirements & Skills
- Previous forklift experience required
- Responsible for physically lifting to 100 pounds.
- General knowledge of food processing principles
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to communicate to Management and co-workers
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- Ability to work mandatory overtime as required
- Ability to conduct oneself in a mature and professional manner
- Must have a good attendance record
Hanover Foods Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.