SUMMARY: Operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into trucks or storage facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operation and care of forklift in a safe manner. Must be qualified to properly operate the forklift.
- Complete and document a forklift inspection form before start of shift and when operating a new forklift and turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
- Locate stock before the start of the run.
- Adheres to daily production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality, delivery, and service goals.
- Deliver appropriate stock to appropriate machines safely and on time.
- Complete necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Duties may be expanded upon and additional duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry preferred.
- Three years of forklift experience required.
- Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
- Working knowledge of equipment design and capabilities that can translate into efficient operation.
- Working knowledge of layouts, production specifications and product quality specifications.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment.
- Ability to use warehouse scanners
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; vibrations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required to maintain a current Forklift License
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time