Overview: The Housekeeping I position is responsible for completing tasks, as assigned by the evening head supervisor, housekeeping supervisor and facilities director, to ensure the entire building is clean and ready to be reopened each morning.
- Care and maintenance of cleaning equipment; i.e. vacuum cleaners and other cleaning machines
- Steam cleaning and hard floor care
- Securing all doors and windows
- Restocking all paper products, soaps, and housekeeping supplies throughout the building.
- Refuse removal.
- Occasional exposure to chemicals, blood pathogens, body fluids
- Use of proper safety equipment
- Occasional extra hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure that all rentals are set up in a timely manner to allow ample time for renters.
- Cleaning and upkeep of the JCC
General Requirements & Skills
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Able to lift 30 pounds.
- Needs to be standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Maintain professional attitude/appearance
- Communicate concerns/problems with facility and assistant facility directors
- Report member's complaints, suggestions and comments to your supervisor.
- Provide excellent customer service to JCC members, guests, and staff by adhering to the JCC Core Values.
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming