Hours: 5-7 days per week, weekly swing of 7a-3p; 3p-11p; 11p-7a shifts
Length of assignment: Direct Hire
Dress code: Jeans, t-shirt, steel-toed shoes/boots
Job Description: General Position Description - Under direction of the Shift Foreman, learns and performs jobs of all department positions as directed; functions as helper to those positions as assigned; performs minor maintenance and lubrication duties as assigned; and performs other related or comparable duties as directed.
Role and Responsibilities
- Respects and enforces Safety, Quality and Environmental policies, as an individual but also as an operations team member
- Learn all bottom jobs within a Department.
- Bring raw materials to the machine, including cores, skids, blocks and anything else to maintain the operations.
- Move product around the Mill using hand trucks and clamp trucks.
- Assist other operators with making splices and threading winders.
- Learn how to perform jobs safely and efficiently.
- Monitors quality of product at every operation.
- Assists with moving, weighing, taping, and labeling product.
- Performs cleanup duty for machine breaks or standard daily cleanups.
- Assists with threading of machines.
- Can be involved with simple mechanical tasks including rope installation and lubrication duties.
- Assists with Rewinding, Sheeting and Wrapping operations.
- Cleans up broke generated by machines and recycles back into the process.
- Does what is necessary to keep operations running safely and efficiently.
- High School diploma or G.E.D required
- 1-5 years related experience in production; manufacturing industry preferred
- Previous experience with the following is a valuable asset:
o Using a computer system to assist with manufacturing process
General Requirements & Skills
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Resumes may be emailed to Jobs.YorkPA@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by our York office: 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402 Or Hanover: 11 Carlisle Street, Suite 205, Hanover, PA 17331
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com