This position under the direction of the Group Fitness Manager is responsible for conducting safe, effective, creative, and enjoyable exercise classes by providing excellent leadership, quality instruction, and high energy motivation.
- Complete one-hour in-house training with Group Fitness Manager
- Instructors are responsible for the purchase of their own music, quarterly releases and/or other continuing education
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to class, prepared to begin and end class on time. Responsible for own class coverage when unavailable to teach and must communicate this coverage with Group Fitness Manager.
- Greet members warmly, enthusiastically, maintaining an atmosphere that motivates long-term participation and member retention.
- Educate participants on proper form, anatomy, training principles and modification of moves.
- Instructor will assure and be accountable for accurate class attendance recordings.
- Instructor will put the safety and needs of the class first and maintain a positive exercise experience for the participants.
- Instructor must clock in and out for every class on ADP
- Instructor must actively communicate with the Group Fitness Manger via email, text, or phone.
- Instructor will keep the studios clean and tidy and following the cleaning instructions for the particular class they are teaching.
- Instructor will keep the storage closets tidy and the equipment will be organized and placed away neatly and safely.
- Instructor must maintain proper use and care of all instructor equipment including mics, music, stereo equipment and cables.
- Educate themselves to learn how to live stream classes and where to find log ins as well as the set up for the cameras if needed in class.
- Instructor will report any damaged or broken equipment to the Group Fitness Manager in a timely manner.
- Must be dressed appropriately for class format and demonstrate role model technique
- Attend all fitness department meetings
Various shifts available.
General Requirements & Skills
- Candidate must be a minimum of 18 years of age and have successfully completed the specialty certification required for the class. This includes having successfully completed all specialty certification course requirements and show proof of the certification completion by a nationally recognized organization.
- Candidate must also hold a current certification in CPR/AED and First Aid. Certifications include all Les Mills programs, yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, Zumba, and other formats as approved by Group Fitness Manager.
- Instructors who have completed any Les Mills initial training may only team teach until video is submitted and proof of a “pass” score is approved.
- Zumba instructors must remain in active status on the Zumba network
- Instructor must demonstrate a higher level of instructor knowledge and continuing education.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Physically fit to lead class at the appropriate level and with role model presentation
- Must be able to perform all skills you are scheduled to teach