The Group Fitness Manager is responsible for the supervision and maintenance of the daily operation of the Group Exercise department.
- Be committed to the maintenance and growth of the Group Fitness Department. This includes, but is not limited to; program planning, implementation, enforcement of rules and regulations, and maintaining the overall smooth and consistent functioning of this department.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a Mentor Education Program for group fitness instructors.
- Recruit, hire, retain, and develop a premier instructor team.
- Foster professional standards among all instructors and members.
- Maintain tracking records for equipment and attendance.
- Be an integral part in the growth Group Exercise programming.
- Work with Marketing Director to promote programs and activities.
- Prepare statistics and reports on the Group Fitness Department as requested by the Fitness Director.
- Complete weekly payroll for Group Fitness Employees.
- Supervise the care and purchase of the group fitness equipment and supplies.
- Maintain staff Group Fitness and Safety Certifications.
- Available and able to substitute classes if needed.
- Maintain around 10 Management hours per week. Hourly requirements are subject to change.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General Requirements & Skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ instructor experience
- Have 2 years’ supervisory experience
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, computer skills
- Have and maintain a nationally recognized Group Fitness Instructor certification
- CPR/AED certification must be current and maintained
- First Aid certification is recommended
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds
- Must be able to perform all skills you are scheduled to teach