This position is responsible for day-to-day employee benefits and leave program administration, as well as other Human Resource Generalist duties as needed. This position is also responsible for managing the Human Resource Information System to insure data accuracy; analyzes and provides reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer various employee benefit programs for all active and retirees such as group health, dental, prescription and vision.
- Coordinates transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Work effectively to ensure plans run smoothly. Investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Verifies the calculation of monthly premiums statements for group insurance policies for medical, prescription, dental, vision, stop loss and benefit consulting and maintains statistical data relative to the premiums.
- Notifies employees of missed premium payments and tracks receipt.
- Communicate benefit changes to union contracts and annual benefit plan information updates, and reporting changes to vendors.
- Reviews and updates manuals for open enrollment communication materials also facilitating open enrollment meetings.
- Coordinates and conducts various open enrollment benefit program information and enrollment sessions for County employees.
- Develop communication to employees in regard to complaints, changes, policies and follow-up with vendors regarding missing or inaccurate data.
- Communicate with vendors to ensure employees’ concerns/complaints are resolved in a timely and equitable manner within the County’s guidelines.
- Compile county leave of absence requests and maintain all associated documentation to ensure compliance with County and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible to work closely with our family medical leave administrator to interpret employee leave actions and work with respective departments.
- Manage employees’ medical files.
- Resolve Health Reimbursement claim issues as needed.
- Submit Basic Life and Optional Life insurance claims.
- Monitor flexible spending and health savings account programs to include basic administration and posting of payments.
- Assist with coordinating sick-time donation requests.
- Submit Short-Term Disability claims.
- Adds or changes weekly benefit deductions in the payroll system.
- Conducts benefit New Hire Orientation.
- Back-up for Workers’ Compensation self-insurance program
- Assist with job postings as needed
- Responsible for the completion of UC forms and scheduling appeal hearings with the appropriate Department.
- Process tuition reimbursement claims
- Manage employee evaluation program
- Extend employment offers and gather appropriate paperwork for the entire employment process.
- Manage the development and implementation of HRIS initiatives in conjunction with Payroll and IS personnel. Identify opportunities for technology utilization and enhancements to facilitate the availability of human resource information, ensure record-keeping accuracy, and satisfy compliance requirements.
- Prepare and provide recurring reports for management and administration.
- Upon request, prepare and analyze specialized reports which may be related to employee data, benefit information, financial analysis, etc.
- Assume quality control responsibilities for database accuracy and reporting content.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
General Requirements & Skills
- Position requires a minimum high school diploma with knowledge of general business procedures. Previous related work experience of three (3) years or advanced training in Human Resources is required, or the equivalent.
- Excellent inter-personal and organizational skills are required for this service and administrative position.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in standard business applications.
- Excellent Excel skills required