The Pennsylvania Health Insurance Exchange Authority (Pennie) is a state-affiliated entity established in 2019 by Act 42 to create a state-based insurance exchange, reduce costs and better support the needs of consumers purchasing health insurance in the individual market.
Pennie aims to ensure a stable and accessible individual insurance market and to improve affordability for the hundreds of thousands of Pennsylvanians who rely on it for health coverage. More information on Pennie can be found at https://agency.pennie.com/.
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from the provisions of Pennsylvania State Civil Service and its’ selection shall be made by and the incumbent shall serve at the pleasure of the Executive Director of the PA Health Insurance Exchange.
POSITION SUMMARY: The work of this position focuses on supporting broad efforts currently underway in Pennie’s Project Management Office (PMO). This position would specifically be responsible for managing aspects of multiple technology, operations and compliance projects and vendor activity, including contractual deliverables, vendor compliance, engagement, oversight, and performance for Pennie.
- Support the management of Pennie’s contractual deliverables process including facilitating the review and approval of deliverables, ensuring vendor and Pennie timeliness on reviews, and monitoring the success of contracted projects and selected vendors.
- Provide project management support to the IT and operations business areas, especially with regard to status reporting, tracking to timelines and report out meetings related to user acceptance testing of technology releases.
- Monitor and track the completion of project goals, timelines, and action items across organizational business areas, including operations, IT, finance, and marketing/communications.
- Act as a liaison between staff and other key stakeholders when communicating delays or timeliness in the completion of project goals, timelines, and action items.
- Plan, define, and manage project scope and perform quality control activities.
- Manage project costs to ensure that the project remains on budget and that expenditures are in line with both federal resources and guidelines.
- Ensure proper change management processes are executed throughout the project life cycle.
- Monitor compliance with all contractual requirements, vendor performance, and reports.
- Analyze projects, report on project scope, budget, risks, and available resources.
- Manage working relationship with vendors, including but not limited to our technology platform vendor and auditing vendor, to promote and maintain a high level of engagement.
- Work to assess and prioritize project management needs for each business area.
- Provide strategic recommendations for multiple Pennie projects.
- Conduct various types of presentations as requested.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Oversee contractual deliverables process for Pennie.
- Provide project management support to the IT and operations business areas, especially with regard to user acceptance testing for technology releases.
- Manage multiple complex priority projects and respond to changes quickly and effectively.
- Ensure projects remain within budgetary guidelines and federal requirements.
- Address project issues and ensure on-going communications between all involved parties.
- Maintain working relationship with vendors to promote a high level of engagement.
- Monitor compliance with contractual requirements, vendor performance, and required reports.
- Communicate effectively orally.
- Communicate effectively in writing.
LOCATION/ TRAVEL: This position is based in Pennsylvania. The selected candidate must maintain a Pennsylvania residence. Periodic travel in-state and out-of-state may be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary: $80,000 - $90,000
Health & Wellness
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
We offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules and telecommuting arrangements are available for certain positions.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
*Eligibility rules apply.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Microsoft project, visio, powerpoint, excel and word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional or equivalent certification (Preferred)
- Remote Temporarily due to COVID-19
General Requirements & Skills
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and other Office tools.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent.
- Strong time management, self-accountability, written and verbal skills are highly preferred, as they are integral to the success of this position.
- Strong understanding of IT and operations project management support, federal audit requirements, audit management and PA’s health insurance market is preferred.