Purpose: The successful applicant will install, upgrade, and maintain computer hardware and peripheral equipment. Coordinate technology needs with outsourced vendors for efficiency and cost effectiveness. Assist the IT Manager in researching, planning, and implementing new technologies to improve member access and staff efficiency.
- Install or modify data communication systems. Provide technical support and consultation in the use and operations of complex computer operating systems.
- Maintain databases and libraries including systems security functions.
- Maintain systems documentation according to applicable policies and standards.
- Ensure that documentation meets all security regulations required for the credit union.
- Coordinate technology resources including main system, telecommunications network, telephone system(s), and personal computer connectivity.
- Assist with new technology and computer supplies according to budgetary line items.
- Keep abreast of state-of-the-art hardware developments.
- Assist with the services of vendors to ensure quality of services and timeliness. Review vendor contracts for compliance. Function as the contract’s administrator for all outsourced technology services.
- Help maintain a security risk program and perform security risk assessments.
- Ensure that all software licenses are maintained.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Keep your work area and equipment clean and neat.
General Requirements & Skills
- Entry level position with some prior experience providing technical support preferred
- Previous InfoSec training and experience is preferred but not required
- Hands-on and practical knowledge of networks and computer systems
- Ability and willingness to evaluate and learn new technologies and apply them effectively.
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment
- Strong communications skills
- Project management skills
- A two-year college degree; or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school; or completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program, preferred but not required.
- Some college or equivalent experience; technical coursework