The Early Childhood Head Teacher will provide leadership for the classroom team to maintain the quality of the JCC’s Early Childhood Program, provide excellent care and education for children and build strong collaborations with families.
Location: Gan Tamar Campus: 2000 Hollywood Drive, York, PA 17403
- Assist the Associate Director / Director in the supervision of staff members on your teaching team.
- Arrange regular meetings for your teaching team.
- Provide a nurturing environment in which all children feel welcomed and secure.
- Meet NAEYC and Keystone STARS* standards.
- Adhere to the standards outlined in the JCC Early Childhood Program Handbook for:
- Following DHS regulations
- Communicating with families
- Care of facility and equipment
- Record keeping
- Health and safety procedures
- Teamwork, including regular attendance of staff meetings
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
General Requirements & Skills
- B.A. degree in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, special education, psychology, or the human services field
- Three to four years of teaching experience
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of child caregiving
- PA certified in Early Childhood Education