Comfortable in the water but not certified? No worries - we will train you! Our Lifeguards are vital employees that keep the members in our pools safe. We have immediate full time and part-time positions available at our seasonal outdoor pool at the Graham Aquatic Center.
Minimum age is 15 years old. Must have swimming experience, pass a swim skills test, and be able to submit clearances.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
With our focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y nurtures the potential of every youth and teen, improves the nation’s health and well-being, and provides opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
Employees of the YMCA enjoy free use of the facilities along with employee discounts on programs.
General Requirements & Skills
- Minimum age of 15
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid
- Current Lifeguard Certification
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness
- PA State Police - www.epatch.state.pa.us
- PA Child Abuse – compass.state.pa.us/cwis
- FBI Fingerprint – www.indentogo.com
- Be on deck at all times. Do not leave the pool unattended. Call for assistance with any emergency that occurs.
- Enforce all pool rules in a friendly manner.
- Keep pool area neat - put all equipment in their proper storage areas.
- Perform general pool maintenance when requested.
- Inform members about lap patterns and areas of activities.
- Report any complaints timely to the Aquatic Director.
- Keep a friendly and warm atmosphere for all members and guests, but remember the primary responsibility and continue to supervise all areas.
- Attend periodic staff meetings and training when requested by the Director.