Hanover Foods Corporation is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic. A Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for providing basic maintenance services to the Hanover Canned Plant. This is an opportunity to gain knowledge and develop skills to progress to Master Mechanic (after completion of required company administered tests). You can apply online at www.hanoverfoods.com or in person at 1550 York St., Hanover - PA 17331
- Assists in the repair, installation and maintenance of all plant equipment and buildings with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates consistent improvement in knowledge and skills as outlined in the criteria for advancement.
- Reports any equipment or building conditions requiring repair to the Maintenance Supervisor or Lead.
- Performs preventative maintenance as required.
- Completes all documentation as required by the Maintenance Manager/Supervisor or Lead.
- Assists other mechanics in maintaining a high level of productivity in the plant.
- Develops the ability to use the computerized maintenance management system to enter work requests and retrieve data on plant equipment.
- Requests all materials necessary for the completion of designated job assignments.
General Requirements & Skills
- Previous experience working in maintenance
- Position requires lifting and handling of heavy objects.
- Must furnish your own tools as needed to perform the job.
- Previous experience working in the food processing industry
- General knowledge of food processing principles
- Good communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Ability to work in all environments (hot and cold)
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime as required
- Ability to conduct oneself in a mature, professional manner
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Must maintain a good attendance record
Hanover foods Corporation is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.