Responsible for the daily operations and facilities maintenance of buildings and grounds for the County of York, while providing support and assistance to the County departments, under direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Facilities Director.
General Requirements & Skills
- Perform basic mechanical tasks as directed:
- Painting – basic knowledge of types of paints and methods used for proper application.
- Carpentry – basic knowledge of drywall repairs, woodworking methods, picture hanging, blind installations, furniture installation, furniture construction and repairs, and flooring repairs.
- Electric – basic knowledge of electric repair methods, outlet repairs, lamp and ballast repairs, minor equipment repairs, electrical troubleshooting and knowledge of safety procedures.
- Plumbing – basic knowledge of plumbing repair methods, toilet repairs, sink repairs, drain clearing, basic soldering and pipe fitting methods.
- HVAC – basic knowledge of cooling and heating equipment operation and repair methods and filter replacement procedures.
- Landscaping – perform lawn mowing, trimming and weed control.
- Must possess a High School Diploma, or equivalent. Two (2) years experience as a maintenance person or equivalent Vocational School training.
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver's license.
- Safely and properly operate motor vehicles and small equipment for completion of tasks.
- Must possess skills in maintaining, diagnosing, and repairing electrical, mechanical, and plumbing fixtures and devices.
- Assist in furniture relocations, supply deliveries and other tasks requiring the ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
- Properly and safely use related tools and equipment in the completion of assigned tasks.
- Assist as directed in snow removal operations, including snow shoveling/pushing, equipment operation, ice removal/chipping and properly applying anti skid or de-icing materials.
- Read and comprehend building blueprints, wiring schematics, equipment service or operation manuals, trouble shooting procedures and installation manuals.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on all building related systems, tools and equipment.
- Effectively monitor work areas and equipment areas for cleanliness and safety.
- Assist as directed in the unlocking and opening of doorways and storage areas.
- Assist in other departments and interact with co-workers as directed.
- Participate in department group problem solving and quality improvement meetings.
- Understand and complete required paperwork and forms necessary for Work Requests, Safety Reports, Preventive Maintenance forms and other requested documents.
- Properly interact with co-workers and public for informational purposes.
- Utilize all safety practices and procedures when performing tasks and to report unsafe conditions or practices to Supervisor.
- Understand, comprehend and comply with ALL York County policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Emergency response outside of normal working hours as necessary and directed by Supervisor, to address issues of safety, security, and facilities operations.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by Supervisor.