The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has more than 20,000 employees, sales of € 4.2 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the larger family-owned companies in Europe.
For the Voith US Inc., Payroll department, we are looking for:
Manager of Payroll
- Responsible for processing 1 or more payrolls in a complex manufacturing and services company with U.S. multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits, and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws using the HRIS platform.
- Subject matter expert on all payroll processes and procedures, including but not limited to, off-cycle payrolls, retro-active payments, documenting and updating procedures, preparing general ledger entries, etc.
- Run and review payroll reports for accuracy and contact various location personnel for clarification when needed. Import and export interface files and correct out of balance situations.
- Ensure that Voith is in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Stay current on payroll laws that could have an impact on our business.
Principal Working Relationships
- Works closely with the Regional Payroll Supervisor, HR Business Partners, Field Services, Shop Supervision and Management
General Requirements & Skills
- 3+ years of payroll experience
- High School degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with ADP Payroll
- Multi-State payroll with Canadian payroll experience preferred
- Union Payroll experience a plus
- Detail oriented, well organized, high degree of accuracy
- Must possess strong customer service, follow up, and communication skills
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work under time constraints and prioritize to meet payroll deadlines
- Ability to navigate through complex project improvement initiatives
- Able to work as part of a team and individually
- CPP or FPC certification preferred
- Must possess a high level of confidentiality with zero tolerance
- Detailed knowledge of procedures covering multiple payrolls that require different deduction and tax treatment