The Marketing Content Manager manages the graphic design and copywriting of marketing collateral, leads photography and video initiatives, manages email marketing and web content updates and leads the social media strategy of the Appell Center for the Performing Arts. All efforts are aimed at achieving performance attendance and ticket revenue goals, building the organization’s audience, member, and donor base, and increasing the organization’s visibility in the community. Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop plus social media and email platforms required.
The Appell Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
General Requirements & Skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage graphic design and copywriting for the Appell Center marketing collateral and advertising, including:
- Print and Digital Advertisements
- Signage, Flyers and Posters
- Social media
- Direct mail
- Development materials
- Miscellaneous collateral
- Manage the Appell Center’s social media presence:
- Develop a social media content marketing strategy and content calendar
- Maintain Appell Center social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc)
- Manage organic and sponsored social media campaigns; monitor performance, report results and suggest modifications/new strategies
- Maximize SEO
- Manage photography for the Appell Center, including:
- Event photography (select events throughout the year)
- Education program photography (select events throughout the year)
- Staff photography
- Patron photography
- Manage video content marketing for the Appell Center:
- Develop video content marketing strategy
- Manage video shooting and editing
- Manage video distribution and marketing via YouTube and Social Media
- Manage email marketing for the Appell Center:
- Develop email marketing strategy and calendar
- Manage email copywriting, design layout and distribution
- Manage routine website copy and imagery updates
Critical Success Factors
The critical success factors listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
- Skilled use of graphic design programs such as: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop,
- Strong photo and image editing skills; photography experience preferred
- Proficient use of video editing software a plus
- Excels in management of Social Media Platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Email management experience
- Excels in communication, writing, and proofreading
- Experience working with an e-commerce web content maintenance tool a plus
- Ability to implement print and digital collateral from concept through execution
- Behavioral characteristics include: creative, proactive, strategic, organized, efficient and faster
- Must be able to manage heavy workload and fast turn-around times.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft programs
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree plus at 3-5 years in progressively responsible and relevant experience required. Experience in the following areas is required: Graphic Design, Photography and Social Media.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance. The employee is often required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Excellent hearing is essential.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
The activity level varies daily depending on a wide variety of circumstance many of which are out of the control of the employer or employee.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be quite noisy.