The YMCA of York and York County is seeking dynamic part-time Membership Service Reps at our Downtown York Branch.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Employees enjoy FREE use of the facilities at all branches and program discounts at the YMCA of York and York County! A part-time employee working 25-35 hours also receive holiday pay and accrue paid vacation time.
- Must be knowledgeable of all facets of the Y, and have the ability to provide accurate information to members and potential members via phone or in person.
- Ensure members and potential members are put in contact with the correct person/department to obtain programming or Association related information.
- Must be familiar with brochure, website, and YMCA social media pages to become educated about Y programs and services to sell them effectively.
- Resolve problems and concerns for potential members, members and staff in a positive and professional manner.
- Must present a professional appearance by arriving to work at the specified scheduled time, dressed according to YMCA of York County dress code, and wearing a name tag and a smile.
- Ensure that anyone entering the building scans Y Key Fob, or has identification available.
- Accurate receipting of memberships, program participant information, and revenue in the computer.
- Sell memberships and services. Follow up with anyone that did not join via phone, mail or e-mail.
- Responsible for accurate daily cash deposits and shift change procedure.
- Ensure security of the building by monitoring building as well as following procedures to Open-Close the Member Service Desk area and the main building (depending on shift).
- Record and handle merchandise sales, assist with scheduling wellness evaluation and orientation appointments.
- Conduct tours of the YMCA for new and prospective members.
- Maintain cleanliness of Member Service Desk area at all times.
- Be knowledgeable in emergency procedures in case of fire or injury.
- Participate in orientation and staff development training as required.
- Help with other tasks as assigned, including bulk mailings, membership promotions, open houses and other assignments for the good of the YMCA
General Requirements & Skills
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Proficient computer skills
- Previous experience in service-oriented or sales environment required
- Skills in problem-solving, relationship building and communications
- Ability to work calmly under all conditions
- Use independent initiative and thinking
- Work well in a team setting
- Ability to multi-task