SpiriTrust Lutheran is now hiring a FT Night Certified Nursing Assistant
For the third consecutive year, we have been certified as a Great Place to Work! 2020-2021
SpiriTrust Lutheran®delivers an array of programs and services that touch thousands of lives each day. Our name, SpiriTrust Lutheran®captures the essence of who we are and the care and compassion our amazing team delivers. It embraces our Lutheran heritage, our spirit of service, and the reality that people come to us because of their trust in us.
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, our employees are a highly valued resource. Their dedication, skill and commitment enable us to provide excellent service and care within our continuing care retirement communities, community outreach programs and home care services. We offer: Competitive salaries Comprehensive benefits package Education assistance Career advancement/professional growth Friendly, team-oriented environment If you are ready to join us for a rewarding career.
The CNA is responsible for providing direct care to residents under appropriate supervision; performing various documentation and communication duties; ensuring safety and care of resident environment; providing residents with dignity and respect; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent normally required; completion of a Commonwealth approved CNA certified nursing assistant training program; possess an unencumbered active PA nursing assistant certificate. Must attain and maintain CPR certification.
Skill(s): Speak and understand English; moderate reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills; minimal PC skills; demonstrated ability in dealing with people. Refer to separate analysis for physical requirements of the essential functions with or without accommodation.
Experience: None--CNA experience in long term care preferred.
- Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran, witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
- Interacts with residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
- The CNA provides direct care to residents under appropriate supervision as follows:
- Assists with activities of daily living.
- Assists with adaptive equipment/techniques and special care needs within the scope of training.
- Promotes, monitors, and assists with follow-through of therapeutic regimens under the direction of therapists and/or restorative programs.
- Assists with the comfort and care of residents with special considerations for the very ill or dying residents; ensures a private and calm environment for the family; provides supportive care to the roommate; provides post-mortem care with dignity and respect.
- Assumes the role of coach for new team members, when requested, providing a model of care given with respect and understanding.
- Performs various documentation and communication duties as follows:
- Receives report from previous shift; provides report to oncoming shift.
- Reports changes in condition or function and unusual incidents or accidents to nurse; documents as necessary.
- Documents necessary information in Care Tracker System or on appropriate forms.
- When assigned Senior Certified Nursing Assistant responsibilities, the following duties will be performed
- Under the direction of the Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapists and/or restorative programs, promotes, monitors, and assists with follow-through of therapeutic regiments.
- Receives and gives reports from shift to shift in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- Understands and documents on appropriate forms with accuracy. Reviews daily assignments to determine priorities, budget time, and workload, and to prepare for special tasks.
- Discusses the need for new or different approaches or interventions with Charge Nurse. Reports changes in condition or function, unusual incidents or accidents to Charge Nurse; documents as necessary.
- Cooperates with interdepartmental personnel, as well as in other departments, to assure that the nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents while utilizing proper chain of command for communicating and problem solving.
- Ensures safety and care of resident environment as follows:
- Assures that all work areas, including resident rooms, are kept clean, free of clutter, and are adequately stocked.
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner, following established safety and infection control practices and procedures, including universal precautions and proper hand washing technique.
- Attends in-service training to understand and participate in drills in order to demonstrate knowledge of assigned responsibilities with disaster, fire emergency, and elopement procedures; performs assigned responsibility in an emergency.
- Reports all incidents/accidents to self, resident, or others immediately to Charge Nurse.
- Provides residents with dignity and respect as follows:
- Identifies self and purpose when entering resident’s room; addresses residents by their full names, unless otherwise specified.
- Keeps doors and curtains closed when providing direct care for residents.
- Prevents, identifies, and reports actual or suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation, and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with agency standards
- Knows and respects all resident rights, while maintaining the confidentiality of all resident care information.
- Assists residents with properly storing and retrieving their belongings.
- Adheres to all listed competencies for the position.
- Accurately records time worked or not worked as illustrated by the following:
- Accurately records time in and out at the start and end of each shift and at the start and end or each meal break utilizing the Agency’s timekeeping system.
- Makes corrections to the timekeeping system, as necessary, on appropriate forms within the required payroll timeframe.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.
- Abides by and supports the organization’s code of conduct by exhibiting behavior that is set forth in the code of conduct. Performs duties in accordance with the code of conduct and completes annual compliance training.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate personnel.
- Responds to inquiries or requests from customers, other personnel, etc., within given timeframes and within established standard.
- Completes educational requirements as mandated by state and federal agencies to maintain competencies.