Under general direction, the Office Manager will direct the overall supervision and management of the Data Entry and Clerical staff. Daily administration of the County Clean and Green program, maintaining all files, correspondence and dealing with rollback calculations. Performs the Secretary duties for the Board of Assessment Appeals. Initiates and coordinates Information Technology trouble shooting as well as other IT items. This position reports to the Director of Assessment and Tax Claim.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred,
- Associates Degree required or equivalent experience with at least 2 years supervisory
- Requires intimate knowledge of Tax Assessment and basic knowledge of Tax Claim, and Mapping processes and procedures
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Requires excellent customer service and communication skills, along with strong organizational ability.
- Ordering of supplies and materials
- Demonstrate teamwork within the department
- Provides excellent customer service
- Assist Director and Assistant Director when needed
- Responsible for the management and supervision of the clerical staff for the Assessment Office
- Responsible for the hiring, training, disciplining and firing of clerical personnel according to County policy
- Knowledge of all functions of the office
- Maintain good communication with the Taxing Authorities
- Maintain millage rate tables for all taxing authorities within the County
- Assist taxpayers
- Administrate the rollback portion of the Clean and Green Program, maintaining ongoing revisions.
- Responsible for maintaining and running departmental reports
- Coordinate all aspects of the Assessment Appeal Hearings – receiving applications, scheduling, attend all hearings, minute taking, decision processing and function as the liaison with the Board
- Assist in the technological workings of the Assessment software with vendors and IT
- Coordinate with the Information Service Department on issues and projects
- Make recommendations to the Director and Assistant Director on improvements and procedures within the office
- Knowledge of Assessment, Tax Claim, Mapping Office, and Microsoft Word and Excel software applications
- Administration of the Homestead/Farmstead program
- Lead person for County Assessment related website inquiries
- Attend supervisory staff meetings
- Assist staff with duties that need to be performed due to position vacancies
- Maintain office manuals for processes and procedures for the assessment office
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
General Requirements & Skills
Requirements are representative of minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the ability or aptitude to perform each duty proficiently, and comply with County policies and procedures, as outlined in the County Employee Handbook.