The Packer is responsible for assisting the machine and its operators to ensure it is run properly. The primary function is to assist the machine and its operator through set up and clean up while ensuring accuracy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visually inspect the equipment for any defects before the beginning of the shift. Report any defects to your supervisor or maintenance.
- Assist with operation set up
- Operation equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Ensure product quality
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Pull Sheets off machine and stack final equipment
- Inspect final product against the spec and report any issues to the operator
- Responsible for the quality of the product throughout the job
- Responsible for the quality of the final product as well as proper load tags and unitizing as required
- Assist operator in securing equipment and machinery at end of each shift
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates
- Responsible for the maintenance, creation and control of all personally identifiable information or any other information protected by any Confidentiality or Privacy Standards or Company Policies that you have access or knowledge of, including but not limited to any state or federal regulations including HIPPA.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work in a team environment Ability to use a tape measure and read 1/16" Ability to move up to 50lbs
- Previous corrugated or paper die-cutting experience preferred Technical or machine operator experience preferred
- High School degree or equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for a prolonged period as well as bending and stooping regularly
- Able to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods, lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, and pulling.
- The job duties will require the employee to utilize repetitive fine manipulation with hands The employee must use hands to handle and feel
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms The employee must regularly push/pull/lift
- Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, distance vision and depth vision
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Usually moderate to loud
The environment is subject to temperature change with the seasons constantly changing due to customer demands
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time