Under general direction, the Administrative Assistant II will provide oversight for Purchasing, York County Government Printing Coordination and Equipment leases. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: evaluate, price and order IT equipment, evaluate, price, and assign printing jobs to third party vendors, and coordination of office equipment leases. Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; as well as other office administrative functions. Will consult and advise the Executive Director on IT Office functions that need to be addressed. Provides support to other York County departments as needed. This position reports to the Executive Director of Information Technology.
General Requirements & Skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize office operations and procedures.
- Purchase predefined IT equipment.
- Liaison for County print jobs to include:
- Preparing and set up quotations for weekly County print jobs.
- Evaluate quotes and award weekly print jobs to vendors.
- Approve and contract printing jobs.
- Forms layout and design for County departments.
- Invoice County departments for contracted printing jobs.
- Primary point of contact for IT office.
- Responsible for correspondence creation and review for the Information Technology department.
- Answering and transferring telephone calls to appropriate staff.
- Define and maintain procedures for record retention and file organization.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory.
- Review and approve office supply acquisitions.
- Billing County departments for IT services.
- Create and maintain records for all multi-function printers/copiers purchased or leased by County.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Maintain office equipment
- Perform and assist other County departments as needed.
- Assist in Mailroom duties and equipment maintenance.
- Coordinator for special events and activities for Information Services employees for items such as the blood drive, United Way campaign, and inner-departmental functions.
- Evacuation Coordinator for fires/disasters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree Preferred.
- High School Diploma Required.
- 2 (two) to 4 (four) years of knowledge of office management practices and procedures, accounting, data management; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience.
- Knowledge of business and office and administrative management principles.
- Familiar with the following:
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Design and implement filing systems.
- Establish and maintain procedures for record keeping.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Must have current and valid driver's license.
- Must demonstrate good organizational and communication skills.
- Handle constituent inquiries.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, and representatives of other County departments.