The duties of the Maintenance Personnel are varied. These persons will attempt, with the help of prison labor and other prison employees, to repair malfunctioning equipment in and around the prison area whenever possible. They will call outside authorized repairmen when it is apparent their expertise is needed to effect emergency repairs. Also with the assistance of the same people, the refurbishing of damaged sections of the prison building is a part of the job when directed by the prison Administration following a normal cost analysis of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
At the direction of the Facility Manager, a maintenance person will be assigned to preventative maintenance inspections. This shall be done on a monthly basis and shall include:
- Inspection of the physical plant (interior and exterior)
- Inspection of all equipment in mechanical rooms, tunnels, and roofing.
- Inspection of all necessary fluid levels as well as any belts in possible need of adjustment or replacement. In the event of any needed emergency repairs or replacement, maintenance staff shall be called in off duty. Ifthe situation is beyond the scope of maintenance staff, appropriate civilian contractors will be notified and requested to make necessary repairs.
- Prepare reports of incidents and other required reports Withstand temperature extremes of cold and hot weather
- Work effectively with other staff, including all departments and contracted service providers or vendors
- Attend required training
- Respond as directed by other proper authorities in the event of an emergency
- Perform other duties as required to ensure smooth operation of the institution Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods
- Posses a high school diploma or GED Possess a valid PA drivers license
- Submit to a physical examination
- Submit to a Criminal background check
- Submit to Drug screening
- Must be able to climb all ladders to a height of thirty feet
- Must be able to crawl into plumbing chases and other small areas Must be able to lift approximately 100 pounds
- Must be able to work and have knowledge of small power tools as well as larger equipment such as tractors, lift trucks and snow removal equipment.
- Must be able to operate all prison vehicles
- Should posses the basic knowledge of electric, plumbing, HVAC and construction