The Resident Counselor is responsible for the daily interaction with the Shelter residents; inspections of premises; proper preparation and maintenance or required documentation and records as well as close coordination with other services and agencies. Because of the nature of this Agency it is essential that the Resident Counselor believe in the philosophy of the Agency as well as be able to develop a rapport with the clients.
1) Inspect Premises: Inspect Shelter premises on a routine basis for any maintenance required to comply with all city, health and fire codes and to verify the location of residents as well as ensure their safety and security.
2) Interviews: Complete the residents’ intake and exit interviews as required or needed.
3) Interact with Residents: Interact with residents to provide support in all proper and possible ways.
4) Telephone Calls: Screen and document incoming calls and make appropriate referrals.
5) Residents: Document resident interactions and observations.
6) Cleaning: Complete the cleaning of the facility as assigned or needed.
1) Participate in all staff meetings.
2) Remain in the residence.
3) Supervise meal preparation and cleaning.
4) Organize and distribute donations.
5) Participate in evening and weekend activities.
6) Attend six (6) hours of job related training each fiscal year.
7) Follow and support Agency philosophy, policies and procedures.
8) Other duties as assigned by Assistant Program Coordinator.