SpiriTrust Luthern is now hiring a FT Day Residential Wellness Nurse (LPN or RN).
SpiriTrust Lutheran®delivers an array of programs and services that touch thousands of lives each day. Our name, SpiriTrust Lutheran®captures the essence of who we are and the care and compassion our amazing team delivers. It embraces our Lutheran heritage, our spirit of service, and the reality that people come to us because of their trust in us.
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, our employees are a highly valued resource. Their dedication, skill and commitment enable us to provide excellent service and care within our continuing care retirement communities, community outreach programs and home care services. We offer: Competitive salaries Comprehensive benefits package Education assistance Career advancement/professional growth Friendly, team-oriented environment If you are ready to join us for a rewarding career.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to provide a wellness-driven program for Residential Living residents; achieving goals as established in the Community’s annual operating plan; coordinating work within the Community; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
Education/Training: Possess a current unencumbered LPN or RN license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Skill(s): Speak and understand English; proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills; valid driver’s license. Refer to separate analysis for physical requirements of the essential functions with or without accommodation.
Experience: A minimum of one (1) years’ experience in related positions normally required.
- Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran, witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life
- Interacts with, residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
- Performs a variety of duties to provide a wellness-driven program for Residential Living residents as follows:
- Performs initial pre-admission evaluation and questionnaires of Residential Living residents.
- Performs evaluations upon occupancy, annually, and as changes occur.
- Plans and provides health related educational and wellness programs.
- Chairs Utilization Review to assist resident and family to make decisions regarding appropriate level of care.
- Initiates and coordinates referrals of Residential Living residents with LSS and community agencies to promote independence.
- Responds to calls from residents' families, and healthcare professionals.
- Acts as resource for the Residential Living residents.
- Maintains complete and timely documentation relating to resident’s wellness record.
- Accurately records time worked or not worked as illustrated by the following:
- Accurately records time in and out at the start and end of each shift and at the start and end of each meal break utilizing the Agency’s timekeeping system.
- Makes corrections to the timekeeping system, as necessary, on appropriate forms within the required payroll timeframe.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other staff within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Abides by the current laws and organization standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Identifies, prevents, and reports actual or suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation, and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with standards.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and support the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all the regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.
- Abides by and supports the organization’s code of conduct by exhibiting behavior that is set forth in the code of conduct. Performs duties in accordance with the code of conduct and completes annual compliance training.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule, compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, personnel, or other health care provider, etc., within given timeframes and within established policy.