SpiriTrust Lutheran is hiring a FT Day RN Clinical Manager
Education/Training:A graduate of an accredited program for registered nursing; BS in Nursing preferred; current unencumbered PA license to practice as a Registered Nurse required; current CPR/AED certification (or obtaining CPR/AED certification within 30 days of starting the position). CPR/AED certification must be obtained by successfully completing “live” cognitive and hands-on skills evaluations through an approved course administered by an approved instructor. Renewal of this CPR/AED certification must take place on or before the recommended renewal date on the holder’s card. Online CPR/AED certifications are not acceptable.
Skill(s): Speak and understand English; proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; knowledge of state and federal regulations; thorough knowledge of current long-term care nursing practices in accordance with federal and state long-term care regulations; proficient assessment skills; moderate PC skills; proficient organizational skills; demonstrated management and supervisory skills.
Experience:A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an RN in related positions normally required. Wound Care and Infectious Disease control experience required.
Responsible forassisting the Director of Nursing in the overall management of the Nursing Department to ensure quality;adhering to strategies to achieve goals developed for the department as part of the Community’s annual operating plan, Quality Assurance Performance Improvement Committee(QAPI) ; insuring the department's compliance with operating standards and procedures and outside regulatory requirements; directly communicating with appropriate management and staff; providing periodic reports.
- Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran, witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
- Interacts with residents, clients, team members, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
- Adheres to and is a role model for Senior Living Culture of Considerate Behavior.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in the overall management and operations of the Nursing Departmentas illustrated by the following:
- Assists the Director of Nursing in the management of the Nursing Department for the purpose of coordinating care, recommending changes, and communicating information. Ensures the quality of care provided.
- Assumes the lead and oversight for systems that support quality, Skin Integrity program, Continence program, Infection Control program(Infection Preventionist)
- Others as identifieInterprets and administers the Pennsylvania Long-Term Care Regulations and Medicaid Regulations, as well as federal regulations.
- Participates in and/or chairs various committees as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Functions as a resource for the Medical Records Clerk.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Nursing standards of practice manual.
- Performs assessments, interventions, and evaluations.
- Adheres to listed competencies for the position and has yearly competency evaluations which includes; Inter-venous(IV):initiated, infusions, approved IV push medications, Subcutaneous Ports, Hypodermalclysis(interstitial infusions)
- Educator and resource for team members.
- Oversees the inventory of all medical/nursing supplies.
- Assumes administrative decision making in the absence of the Skilled Care Center Administrator or Director of Nursing.
- Ensures a safe and orderly work environment as follows:
- Attends all required safety in-services; participates in all drills with a clear understanding of role in disaster routines.
- Ensures that assigned work areas are maintained in a safe, well-organized, and sanitary manner.
- Reads disaster and fire emergency plans and elopement standards frequently; performs assigned responsibility in an emergency and assumes a leadership role.
- Establishes an environment which promotes dignity and respect for residents as follows:
- Purposeful rounding to ensure quality and safety of care provided. Spot re-education of team members when need identified.
- Prevents, identifies, investigates, and reports suspected or actual abuse, neglect, exploitation, and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with Agency standards
- Knows and respects all residents’ rights while maintaining the confidentiality of all resident care information.
- Assists in the completion of state mandated Event Reports.
- Interacts with all colleagues in ways that assist one another in the successful performance of their duties
- Acts as a resource for team members in problem solving and properly communicates within the established chain of command
- Orients and makes provisions for the proper training of team members; regularly reviews the competence and performance of this group.
- Makes certain that all relevant information is properly communicated to team members in order to give them every opportunity to perform their duties properly.
- Utilizes the Electronic Health Records dashboards and reports.
- Creates an atmosphere that promotes a positive and respectful work environment.
- Implements strategies to achieve goals assigned to the department as established in the Community's annual operating plan and QAPI; assists in the development of the annual budget for the department and adheres to budget parameters.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Oversees team members in their timekeeping process, ensuring accurate submission of data:
- Follows up with team members under their supervision to ensure timekeeping process is completed and submitted accurately with no errors.
- Educates team members regarding requirements for timekeeping, missed punches, consequences, etc.
- Enters department’s timekeeping data accurately and submits data within practice guidelines.
- Evaluates data related to resources and program and makes appropriate corrective actions with team members, if necessary, to ensure compliance with all rules, regulations, and agency standards.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.; insures that the department and all personnel adhere to the same.
- Abides by and supports the organization’s code of conduct by exhibiting behavior that is set forth in the code of conduct. Performs duties in accordance with the code of conduct and completes annual compliance training.
- Communicates with the Director of Nursing, other department managers, and appropriate staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
- Provides periodic reports to the Director of Nursing and other groups as required.
- Performs duties of a RN Resident Care Manager/Supervisor (see job descriptions) as needed. Participates in the On-Call rotation.
- Completes educational requirements as mandated by state and federal agencies and to maintain competencies.
- Per PA DOH regulation, RN coverage must provide for at least eight (8) consecutive hours a day, twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week to oversee total nursing activities. If you are the only RN in the building, you cannot leave the building until another RN is available to cover for you.
- Exception-Communities with a census under sixty (60), and an LPN is designated in charge on the night shift, an RN must be on-call and located within a thirty (30) minute drive of the center