SpiriTrust Lutheran is now hiring a Security Guard.
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent; must satisfactorily complete first aid, AED, and CPR training within 30 days from date of hire and must maintain certification.
Skill(s): Interpersonal relations and communicative skills; valid driver’s license.
Experience: None required.
- Secures doors and windows, sets alarms, secures agency vehicles, etc.
- Detects fire or fire hazards and takes appropriate actions; responds to door and fire alarms and takes appropriate action Checks for and reports immediately unsafe conditions or equipment.
- Turns HVAC equipment on/off as required and authorized.
- As assigned, monitors conduct of staff and visitors; as warranted, warns staff and visitors regarding unacceptable behavior; as warranted, and facilitates removal of staff, visitors, or unauthorized persons from campus. (Using discretion and good judgment, these duties may require the assistance of additional staff and/or local law enforcement personnel).
- Appropriately monitors staff and visitors to deter/prevent theft.