The Senior Universal Banker serves in an advisory role to build relationships with existing/new customers by cross selling the bank's products and services and related features. Actively prospects for new clients to contribute to the team goals. This individual is able to provide exquisite customer service and process teller transactions accurately and efficiently. in addition, this individual's responsibilities include direct leadership of the branch Universal Banker Team as well as oversight of all branch operations.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of the bank's products and services along with related features and benefits.
- Refers and sells deposit and loan products as appropriate based on the customer's needs; develops written proposals when appropriate.
- Initiates actions to expand current client relationships and proactively develops new relationships
- Proactively gathers and records customer data to use in current and future relationship building (profiling).
- Thoroughly understands the bank's primary target markets and bases proactive sales behaviors on developing these relationships using all the tools provided.
- Identifies referral opportunities for mortgages, investment management, merchant cards, small business credits, and credit card products.
- Actively participates in branch relationship building, service, and motivational programs.
- Responsible for processing customer transactions in an accurate, efficient, and customer-focused manner.
- Applies bank policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Follows the Traditions Bank sales process, including greeting customers promptly and delivering exquisite, responsive service.
- Answers and screens phone calls.
- Responsible for ensuring branch operational tasks, cash audits, and all other audits are completed within established timeframes.
- Resolves customer complaints in a professional and courteous manner and uses these opportunities to identify additional needs.
- Handles routine customer account maintenance and other servicing issues. Answers general questions and routine research requests.
- Maintains an active prospect list and initiates outreach contacts to build relationships.
- Keeps branch staff informed about new client relationships and provides relationship-building assistance.
- Participates in the training and mentoring of newly hired Universal Bankers.
- Builds brand awareness by providing exquisite and responsive customer service.
- Responsible for efficiently coordinating administrative tasks across the transaction line and ensuring Universal Bankers are cross trained.
- Uses interpersonal and communication skills to generate referral business, leads, relationships with individuals, existing clients, and past clients.
- Responsible for the Branch scheduling to assure service quality.
General Requirements & Skills
EDUCATION - High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Five years of banking experience in relationship management and the ability to analyze client needs and match appropriate products is required.
- Consumer lending experience required
LICENSE - Must currently have or be able to secure and maintain a registration ID number with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) as well as core operating systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as presentation skills.
- Must be able to establish rapport when handling customers in person or on the phone.
- Strong ability to apply independent judgment and discretion.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Requires a high level of tact and integrity due to the regular exposure to confidential data.
- Ability to lead a team of at least 2 members to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Must have excellent time management, organizational, and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work individually as well as a member of a team.
- Responsible for understanding the bank's compliance policies as it relates to the specific individual job duties and following the provisions of such policies, specifically understanding that any violation of such policies must be reported to the Director of Regulatory Services immediately.
- Associate demonstrates personal behaviors exemplary of the core values.