The Pennsylvania Health Insurance Exchange Authority (Pennie) is a state-affiliated entity established in 2019 by Act 42 to create a state-based insurance exchange, reduce costs and better support the needs of consumers purchasing health insurance in the individual market.
Pennie aims to ensure a stable and accessible individual insurance market and to improve affordability for the hundreds of thousands of Pennsylvanians who rely on it for health coverage. More information about Pennie can be found at https://agency.pennie.com.
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: This position is exempt from the provisions of Pennsylvania State Civil Service and its’ selection shall be made by and the incumbent shall serve at the pleasure of the Executive Director of the PA Health Insurance Exchange.
POSITION SUMMARY: This role will be responsible for the day to day programming of Pennie’s social channels and community development. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and as part of a larger team. They should be enthusiastic, creative and possess a strong attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have experience managing social media accounts for a high profile brand and possess great project management skills and a passion for digital content development and community management.
Maintain and update daily editorial calendar for multiple handles across platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc).
Write social copy and publish content via publishing tool.
Leverage social listening tools to monitor and respond to conversations on owned channels and around relevant brand and category topics.
Assist in the development of strategies that are rooted in a deep understanding of target consumers and their media behaviors.
Participate in tactical ideation and execution for digital and social activations.
Capture platform-specific photo and video content, using both cell phone and DSLR camera.
Cover events and storytelling on social media platforms.
LOCATION/ TRAVEL: Candidates must maintain a Pennsylvania residency. Periodic travel in-state and out-of-state may be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Health & Wellness
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
We offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules and telecommuting arrangements are available for certain positions.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
*Eligibility rules apply.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
General Requirements & Skills
- 2+ years of relevant experience in social media community management, content development and copywriting (agency or client side).
- Experience with social media publishing and listening platform (e.g. Salesforce Social Studio or similar).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred – not required.
- Passion for digital landscape, media, trends and online consumer behavior.
- Ability to absorb a brand’s tone and voice and be able to communicate appropriately across all channels.
- Experience working with and understanding of social media platforms, their demographics, analytics, etc.
- Experience in capturing platform-specific photo and video content, using both cell phone and DSLR camera.
- Experience covering events and storytelling on social media platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and strong project management skills.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects and video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro or similar software).
- Experience with social media analytics and running performance reports.
- Ability to work in a high-paced, high-pressure, reactionary environment.