Therapeutic Recreation Assistant - Activities
Colonial Manor Nursing Home, 970 Colonial Avenue, York, PA 17403 (717) 845-2661
*Hiring for several part time & full time positions, weekend work is required, rotating holidays*
Day shift, evening shift, or a combination of both is available*
General Requirements & Skills
Therapeutic Recreation Activities Assistant:
Candidates wishing to be considered for the Therapeutic Recreation Activities Assistant position- prefer at least one year of prior experience working in a Long-Term Care facility.
The Therapeutic Recreation Activities Assistant is responsible for Daily Program implementation and will assist the Director of Therapeutic Recreations in all areas of recreational services. This is a wonderful opportunity with great benefits and room for growth within the organization!
· The Therapeutic Recreation Activities Assistant will help the Director of Therapeutic Recreation with all duties relating to therapeutic recreational activities.
· Provide assessments and therapeutic recreational activities to patients.
· Therapeutic Recreation Activities Assistants will maintain and record progress notes and annual assessments of therapeutic recreational services.
· Coordinate therapeutic recreational activities with other departments to ensure consistency in care.
· Therapeutic Recreation Activities Assistant will assist in the planning and implementation of special events.
· Maintain ongoing communication with family and Staff as it pertains to resident/patient care.
· Therapeutic Recreation Activities Assistants will provide updates regarding progress of patients care.
· Assist in the operations of the Therapeutic Recreation Department, assuring a balance of programs that best meet the needs of patients is maintained.
· Additional responsibilities may be assigned to the Therapeutic Recreation Activities Assistant as needed.
· Therapeutic Recreation Activities Assistant candidates - prefer at least 1 year of prior experience working in a Long-Term Care facility.
· Valid Driver’s License is ideal.
· Ability to identify and integrate social, psychological, and recreational needs within the total health care plan, focusing on geriatric & rehabilitative standards is a must.
· Must possess maturity and an enthusiastic commitment to working with the elderly.
· Ability to assume a leadership role as needed.
· Must be able to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere.
· Must have a genuine interest in working with the geriatric population. **
· Ability to work weekends and Holidays, as coverage is needed.
· Must have an understanding of caring for the geriatric population.
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to lift to 50 LBS.
· Ability to maintain calm in times of stress and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
Please contact Kaitlyn McCormack @ 717-815-6152 to apply
Related keywords: recreation, activity assistant, sports management
COLONIAL MANOR NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.